“A healthy mind in a healthy body” is what motivates us to practice sport and maintain a certain level of physical activity. Sport means endurance and performance. To look good and enjoy your session in the gym or outdoors, here are some recommendations to work on your endurance, resist effort and improve over time.
- Define a specific training program
To increase endurance and resistance, it is necessary to define a specific sports training program. The most important thing is regularity!
- Develop a program that is first and foremost adapted to your physical fitness and make sure you follow it to the letter.
- Playing a sport regularly clearly improves performance
This is why objectives must be set and a clear time frame must be indicated for each goal to be achieved. The ideal way to do this is to keep a schedule and establish long-term activities. Also remember to vary the exercises so you don’t get bored and work on several parts of your body.
- Play a sport you love
For example, choose team sports if you love to train with friends, or a solo sport like swimming if you prefer to do it yourself. Returning to the definition of the program, this action plan must above all take into account your experience and your physical condition. Indeed, wanting to become an athlete is not something that happens overnight. It is necessary to start slightly and progress gradually. That is why, setting progressive goals with continuity and monitoring your heart rate, the duration of the activity… are the keys to success.
- Get help from a professional coach
For a beginner, three sessions per week of at least 30 minutes each are more than enough to start a sporting activity.
- Take care of your diet
It is no secret that diet plays a major role in improving physical fitness. The food you eat is the fuel that will help your body build the energy needed for the activity. It is therefore essential to have a permanent supply to provide your metabolism with the dynamism it needs to continue physical activity and support its intensity. Specialists will recommend foods rich in starch and carbohydrates. You need to eat a healthy and balanced diet to keep your body healthy and in the best shape. To do this, recommend raw vegetables, fruits and foods that contain protein. These nutrients have both an energetic and functional role and promote muscle building.
- Drinking enough water is also highly recommended if you are physically active and want to increase your endurance. Indeed, apart from its known health benefits, water fights against muscle fatigue and cools the body from the heat of the efforts made. Water prevents kidney stones and dehydrated bodies do not function properly. The heart will beat faster and the elimination of toxins will decrease due to the reduction in the volume of water in the blood plasma. You can drink flavoured liquids that hydrate you on the one hand, and provide the nutrients lost during the activity on the other.
- Rest well to develop endurance
You are often told that you need to stay active to improve your stamina and gain points in endurance. However, resting is also important. For a beginner, the three sessions a week are effective in increasing his breathing abilities. Beyond that, you may exhaust your body, especially if you have just started a sport. Keeping 1 to 2 days off is reasonable to give the body time to rest and recover. You can stay in motion every day and move around while shopping or taking the stairs instead of the elevator. But if you are talking about a very intense activity, it is best to stop at least once or twice a week. If you still plan to play sports on a daily basis, get a good night’s sleep to keep your energy and concentration. Insufficient rest creates health problems, including weight gain and high blood pressure. It also weakens performance and reduces your physical stamina. It is advisable to sleep between 7 and 9 hours a night to get a restful sleep.